Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2559) Again on SDL and font problems

To: bernd.korz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2559) Again on SDL and font problems
From: "Davide Pagnin via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 07:48:41 -0800

        Hi there!

Some times ago, there have been a topic (PR#2551, PR#2558 and PR#2259)
on Beos and SDL font problems.

I've managed to compile all the needed stuff for SDL client on an esotic
environment (processor: alpha, os: Compaq Tru64 Unix 5.1A).

After solving all the problems involved with SDL compilation and
installation, I've managed to have a working SDL and a all the required
libraries.

I've managed to compile the SDL Client (there have been some problems,
but I will submit them as separate issue).

Then, when I run the client it appears with no readable at all text.

This is the same issue that there is on Beos.

So, what is the actual status of this issue?

I've tried showtext (the test file for SDL_ttf) and it manages to
display utf8 texts but not unicode ones (like my showtext on linux).

Any hint?

        Ciao, Davide