Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Introduction and suggestion

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Introduction and suggestion
From: Mikko Särelä <msarela@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:10:11 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I'm Mikko Särelä and I just recently found out about free-civ and joined
the lists. I'm especially looking into the AI stuff, since I have some
interest in that side. But perhaps more about that on the AI-list after
I've finished my master's thesis.

I've been reading through the code and have a couple suggestions.

1. A short description of the purpose of each file either in the beginning
of the respective file (for .[ch] files either will do), or a separate
FILES file in each directory that contains this.
   Reason: Makes it a lot easier to get acquinted with the code and find
           stuff

2. Documentation of the basic structures used in the game in the doc
directory. This would mean one file which had the most important
structures where they are defined in and state what they are used for.

--
Mikko        "One Ring to rule them all,
              One Ring to find them,