Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2223) cma: server knowledge of island != client kn

To: nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx, rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2223) cma: server knowledge of island != client knowledge
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 03:44:26 -0800

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, ChrisK@xxxxxxxx via RT wrote:
> > Please note that we have to same situation with the effects. There may
> > be an effect which affects all players of an island. Or doesn't such
> > effect exists.
>
> I don't think so. Wonders are player-related.

The _current_ wonders are, yes, but it will be possible to define
island-only effects once gen effects code is in. Also, isn't our civ2
ruleset wrong on this point? I seem to remember that some wonders were
island-only.

> But I also think, if you have
> mananged to send a caravan to a city, you are allowed to know, whether it's
> the same island or not. And if you've managed to build Bach's, you are
> allowed to know which cities are on that island and effected by Bach's.

Why? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, Raimar, the patch you posted:

+    if (strcmp(pcity->name, "Harstad") == 0
+       || strcmp(other_pcity->name, "Harstad") == 0) {
+      freelog(LOG_NORMAL, "%s (%d) and %s (%d) -> %d", pcity->name,
+             pcity->tile_trade, other_pcity->name, other_pcity->tile_trade,
+             bonus);
     }

This got to go.

  - Per