Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2703) Re: Fast focus patch

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2703) Re: Fast focus patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 07:48:33 -0800

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, A.L. wrote:
> Fast Focus Patch
> ----------------

Good idea, two problems.

> New behaviour:
> Client immediately focuses on unit, and makes it idle. Then, client
> instructs server to idle unit, but only if unit was not already idle.

This doesn't happen if you click on an autoexplorer. Click once, it loses
its X, but doesn't get focus. Click another time, it gets focus.  Doesn't
happen with autosettlers, so I guess this has something to do with
autoexploration being an activity.

> Removed PACKET_ADVANCE_FOCUS.

Bad. It needs to stay (with a comment that it is unused) so that packet
numeration stays the same.

Fix those two things and I think the patch is good to go.

  - Per

PS I've sent this to RT so that it can be tracked. Please send further
patches to rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with (PR#XXXX) in subject, where XXXX is
whatever number is in subject line of this post.