[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2631) [Bug] ACTIVITY_EXPLORE infinite cycle

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2631) [Bug] ACTIVITY_EXPLORE infinite cycle
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:32:16 -0800

This is a bug connected to the recent addition of ai_unit_goto wrapping
to CVS.

The cycle goes like this:

1. ai_manage_explorer asks ai_unit_goto to move the unit
2. ai_unit_goto cannot do it ("Ending turn early to stay out of trouble")
 and attempts to reset the activity to ACTIVITY_EXPLORE
3. handle_unit_activity_request calls handle_unit_activity_dependencies
 which calls ai_manage_explorer
Since the unit hasn't moved the situation comes back to 1.

I attach a savegame (probably will be stripped).  To recreate the bug,
join as Stefan Uros (AI managed), press Turn Done 4 times and you are in a
loop.  Press Ctrl-C in your server window to break.

I have two possible fixes for this problem but both are kludges.  I will
send them in a minute (need a PR# first).

G.