[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2613) Bug in civclient 1.14 beta2 gtk2.

To: Techdeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2613) Bug in civclient 1.14 beta2 gtk2.
From: "Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:53:25 -0800

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Techdeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx via RT wrote:

> Hello. Today I was playing freeciv with 12 players (long turns)...
> Anyway, as I was playing I pressed on the "Turn done" button. I was the first
> to press it so I waited a bit. While they haven't finished their turn, I
> pressed on a horseman and tried to change his "G"oto to "S"entry and then I
> realised, while you pressed the "Turn done" and the other didn't, the gane is
> locked on the chatline. For instance: I couldn't change that horseman from
> "G" to "S", it just wrote "s" in the chatline, however, when I use the menu
> for that, it works.  And by the way... This problems happens ONLY after you
> activate the chatline.

The game isn't locked in the chatline.
It is just that I, er, chose to make the code focus the turn done button
when someone clicks in the main map so people could change focus from the
chatline that way. But I forgot after you press the button it gets
insensitive and hence cannot be focused.

In short, next time this happens, just click on some other widget like for
e.g. the chat text window.

I'll think of a fix.

---