[Freeciv-Dev] Windows client

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Windows client
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:07:34 +0100

I got some spare time today in front of a windows computer. So I
though that I should look at our windows client (never seen it
before). I used the beta1 binary from the FTP server.

IMHO the windows client looks 2 levels worse than the GTK one. It has
the "charm" of the Xaw client. I think that the client really looks
like people expect open source software to look like. So while I think
that Andreas and the others have done a great job it is hard with this
client to attract people who never played freeciv to play freeciv. I
have made some screenshots and put them at
http://www.freeciv.org/~rfalke/.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 checking for the vaidity of the Maxwell laws on this machine... ok