[Freeciv-Dev] Re: different tile systems

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: different tile systems
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:46:39 -0500

In any planned changes, allow for hexagonal tilesets, not just octagonal.
This does not mean implement them, just don't do things that will impede
future implementation.

While it is possible to mimic a hexagonal map by changing the adjacency
rules and distance computations (NW-SE becomes distance 2) while still
using a basically octagonal graphics system, at some point the aesthetics
will need to be satisfied.

Cheers,
RossW
=====