[Freeciv-Dev] Re: unification of tile_visible_mapcanvas

To: vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: unification of tile_visible_mapcanvas
From: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Date: 20 Nov 2002 14:32:15 +0100

> Specifically, gen-topologies will require significant changes in the GUI.  To
> support
> iso-rectangular maps (like what Civ2 uses) requires changes in a whole host
> of places.

Wait a minute. Pleass explain me what you mean in "gen-topologies" and
"iso-rectangular maps".

I implement new position code becouse I want have "spheric maps" and my code
let me this.

> Another example is that it takes a lot more work for you to write custom code
> to do the
> same things the common code does.  For instance, your get_mcell_xy is the
> equivalent of
> get_map_xy - but it hard-codes a 64x32 isometric tileset.

Yes it is hard-coded but I plan make it more configurable.
For now if you want another size of tiles just unrem first two lines in this
function and rem anothers lines.

In future I want add (var) accelerators in place ...<< 5; and ...< 4;

( ...<< WIGHT_ACCELL; ...<< HIGHT_ACCELL; ) that are loaded with tilespec.

> All you get in return is a slight speed boost.  This is not a good tradeoff.

That depend on yours resolution and CPU. I have p200MMX and in res. above
800x600 I can see this speedup. ( I use this code in drawing fuctions ).

Rafal

PS. I'm very pleased that somebody read my code :)