[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2329) Portattacks 7

To: rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2329) Portattacks 7
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 04:07:08 -0800 (PST)

--- "Anthony J. Stuckey via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 08:29:26PM -0800, Raahul Kumar via RT wrote:
> > Fighters also gain the ability to attack air units in a city. No longer is
> it possible to count on the defending mech infantry to protect your bombers
> from assault.
> >
> > Per, do you think we should allow fighters to attack any unit in the city
> > instead of just air units? AFAIK, fighters can attack all units, not just
> air units. Air units should be picked first for defenders, but after any
other
> unit should also be considered.
>
>       Fighters should be able to attack all units.  The best defender should
> be chosen from all units.

I agree with the first, and not at all with the second. The way fighters are
currently implemented in Freeciv is bizarre. Fighters are almost useless for
air to air combat. If when a fighter attacks a a city it only has to fight the
best defeneder out of the pool of aircraft/Anti Air units like Aegis, it will
be much more useful.

Aloha,
RK.

http://www.adventurers-comic.com/d/20021115.html

Who do people think of when they hear a town's been destroyed? Khrima! The
world will cower before his laser glory! --JP