[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2345) Portattacks 7.1

To: raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2345) Portattacks 7.1
From: "Jason Short via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:50:23 -0800

Raahul Kumar via RT wrote:
> The new updated portattacks, based on Per's portattacks 4. The AI is now
> almost
> ready to use subs.
>
> Same as the previous portattack patches. Subs can now attack ships in cities,
> although they still can't attack land units. Coastal defence stops sub attacks
> on cities.

I still have the question, that was asked before (by someone else) but I
didn't see an answer: what happens if a sub attacks a city with a weak
ship defender and a strong land defender?

For the patch itself...

-    if (!enemy) {
+    if (!enemy && enemy == NULL)/* no valid target */ {

This is a duplicate check.  I think the !enemy check is preferred
(although I have no preference).

+  unit_list_iterate(map_get_tile(pcity->x, pcity->y)->units, defender) {
+    if (unit_flag(punit, F_NO_LAND_ATTACK) &&
(!is_sailing_unit(defender))) {
+      continue;
+    }
+  }unit_list_iterate_end;

What is this supposed to do?  It looks like it does nothing.

jason