[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2277) Superimposed units

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2277) Superimposed units
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 14:13:13 -0800

Actually, what you are seeing isn't what is happening. Login as d and
see what REALLY happens...

The settler moves back into the city immediately, and the horseman takes
its place. But for some reason a's client isn't notified, so it thinks
the two units stack. But if they did stack, the server would assert on
turn end. It doesn't.

So it is a bug, alright, just not what it seemed like at first sight :)

Probably related to my fix to explorers, setting them punit->ai.control.
Help tracking down this problem would be appreciated, I've tried to look
for what is happening here but the autoexplorer/autosettler code is very
messy and duplicated all over... :(

  - Per