[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2269) PNG for freeciv

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2269) PNG for freeciv
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:08:07 -0500

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa via RT wrote:

I suggest you do the conversion of the images to PNG this way:

For trident assuming you use the GIMP v1.2:

Download:
http://www.freeciv.org/graphics/utils/palettes.tar.gz

Extract this tarball into ~/.gimp-1.2/palettes/.

Open, for example, data/trident/tiles.xpm in GIMP.

Press the RMB over the image window. Select Image -> Mode -> Indexed...
from the popup menu.

Select "Use Custom Palette". Choose the freeciv_trident_tiles palette.
Choose "No Color Dithering", Uncheck the "Remove Unused Colors from Final
Palette" box. Press the OK button.

Save as PNG.

Repeat for the other files.

I can do this if you do not want to bother :)

I've done this for the misc graphics and for trident. I've put the results in ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/png-2.tgz.

jason