Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2196) Very Slow Client

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2196) Very Slow Client
From: "Guest via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:45:46 -0800

[mde24@xxxxxxxxx - Thu Oct 17 22:36:13 2002]:

> I have compiled 1.13.0 from source code, and the problem has
> disappeared.  Presumably this is a problem with the supplied binary.

(<gc at mandrakesoft dot com> typing)

Hum, strange. We used to have some patches on the sources, but there are
no more. We use gcc-3.2 but I suppose you recompiled with the default
compiler of the distro, which is 3.2 AFAIK. So maybe what could be the
origin of the problem would be compiler options; we use "-O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=i586 -ffast-math
-fno-strength-reduce", maybe you could try to recompile with these
options and see if the problem appears again? If that's the case, then
track it down to the offending option (most of the times, it's -O2 or
-fomit-frame-pointer) and send it to me back by email, so that I can
release a fixed binary package.

Thanks!