Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.14.0-beta1 .po files

To: Freeciv i18n ML <freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.14.0-beta1 .po files
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Oct 2002 22:53:59 +0200

        Hi all!

Freeciv 1.14.0 release isn't far away, and I've seen that many
translators and translation teams, are doing a great job, on maintaining
their work in sync with cvs.

Unfortunately, this isn't enough, during this beta period.

We have made a cvs branch, S1_14, which will end up in the official
1.14.0 release.

THIS branch should be the target for translators and translation teams,
because it is THIS branch that will be distributed with the official
package.

I have backported in this branch, at the moment, .po files from:
sv.po
ru.po
no.po
es.po
hu.po
pl.po
de.po
et.po

All of them were modified after the branch and none of them have been
modified also in the branch.

During this beta period, I suggest translators to focus on only on the
beta, and thus only on the S1_14 branch.

To do this, checkout a new tree, specifying the S1_14 branch tag.

cvs -z3 checkout -r S1_14 -d freeciv

You will end up working only on the beta branch.

(Be Warned that cvs .po file, will change from 1 or 2 week from now, and
differences from S1_14 .po files, will became larger and larger)

After 1.14.0 official release, you can start back to work on cvs HEAD.

If something isn't clear, let me know.

        Ciao, Davide