Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] GAME_OVER_STATE - UPDATE - Work in progress (PR#1883)

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv bugtracker <bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GAME_OVER_STATE - UPDATE - Work in progress (PR#1883)
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Oct 2002 19:49:20 +0200

        Hi all!

I've updated to latest cvs my work in progress fix for bug 1883.

Patch is attached, the work is done against CVS of 19 October.

The patch has been tested under gtk client, both as observer and at game
end.

A resume of the changes:
- After end game, no more focus on units (This is not extended on
observer clients)

(This whole thing is questionable, so, please, comments on this!!)
- After end game, no more modification in cities or other things, it
makes no sense. (Observer status clients are similarly excluded from
having this possibility)

One important question:
As an observer I would like to see all units movement and position, but
at the same time I can't issue order for them.
So, many times clicking on a sentried units, send a packet to the
server, that isn't appropriate.
Which should be the correct solution?

[quote]
I have time to fix this thing, but I want to make it only one time.
[/quote]

At the moment, there are some residual issues:

1. If a dialog is opened BEFORE receiving game over packet, a GOOD
chance there is that you can continue to do things that aren't
appropriate for and ended game. (this is waiting PR#533 fix)

2. Misc. options, in city dialog, is not finished.
(all option must be made unsensitive for observer client, and
perhaps also for end game state)

3. CMA dialog let change presets, is this good or not?

4. Changes to xaw client aren't reliable nor finished.

4. gtk-2 is only partially worked, I've not ported all modification from
gtk client.

5. other clients, have been modified a little bit, but need more work
and I can't compile them, so I need help from the specific mantainer.

Suggestions/Objections/Comments strongly needed!!!!!!

Please!!!!

        Ciao, Davide