Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: closing dialog windows on server disconnect (P

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: closing dialog windows on server disconnect (PR#533)
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 15:12, rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:30:49AM -0700, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > When the client disconnects (or is disconnected) from the server, many
> > dialog windows are not closed.  This is clearly Wrong, and can lead to
> > segfaults - particularly in the case of the city report dialog.
> >
> > The dialogs that aren't closed include everything from the reports
> > dialog.  (Some of these are modal dialogs, so you can't *manually*
> > disconnect while they're open.)  Additionally some dialogs aren't
> > correctly updated if you disconnect and connect to a different game (for
> > instance the players dialog won't be updated until you close it).
> >
> > The attached patch fixes this for the city dialog only.  It adds a new
> > GUI function, popdown_city_report_dialog, implements this for the stub,
> > gtk, gtk-2.0, xaw, and (untested) win32 GUIs.  The function is called on
> > server disconnect.  It will, unfortunately, break compilation of the
> > other guis (i.e. mui).
>
> > Is this the correct fix?  Should a similar thing be done for the other
> > dialogs?
>
> Yes. Yes. See my old popdown patch:
> 13569 Mar 19  2002 open/popdown1.diff
>
> Because of some non-hard problems with win32 it didn't got applied.

Andreas has made the win32 part of this patch, as stated in this
message:
http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2002/07/msg00421.html.gz

I've updated the patch, and fixed some little problems with it
(added header file in client/gui-gtk/gui_main.c, perhaps win32 version
need also this fix but I haven't a working win32 development setup)

I submit the updated patch for a review from other.

Jason: Can you extend it to xaw and gtk-2?