Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] GAME_OVER_STATE - Work in progress (PR#1883)

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GAME_OVER_STATE - Work in progress (PR#1883)
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Sep 2002 19:57:32 +0200

        Hi all!

The work on this issue is going on, but is far from being finished...

I've managed to make even more of the changes I inteded to do, in the
gtk client.

Patch is attached, the work is done against CVS of 27 September.

I've tested the patch, on end game with gtk client, so there can be open
or unseen issues, for observer status and other clients.

A resume of the changes:
- After end game, no more focus on units (This is not extended on
observer clients)
(This whole thing is questionable, so, please, comments on this!!)
- After end game, no more modification in cities or other things, it
makes no sense. (Observer status clients are similarly excluded from
having this possibility)

At the moment, there are some residual issues:

1. If a dialog is opened BEFORE receiving game over packet, a GOOD
chance there is that you can continue to do things that aren't
appropriate for and ended game.

(Only solution I can see to this, on receiving the game_over packet,
closing all the dialogs other than the main window, so that any newly
opened dialog is consistent with the game_over state)

2. CMA and Misc. options, in city dialog, are unfinished, I don't know
what can be the proper solution.

3. I've started to work on xaw client, but at the moment it cores, so
the work is far from finished.

4. gtk-2 is only partially worked, I've not ported all modification from
gtk client.

5. other clients, have been modified a little bit, but need more work
and I can't compile them, so I need help from the specific mantainer.

Suggestion/Objection/Comments strongly encouraged.

        Ciao, Davide