Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Path-finding in the presence of danger

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Path-finding in the presence of danger
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:16:12 +0100 (BST)

Raimar,

My path-finding with is_position_dangerous switched on seems to work, but
without Cost of Path (COP) yet.  There are a couple of questions I want
your opinion on:

1. Should dangerous positions be returned (it's no problem with my
algorithm)?

I tend to say yes to that, after al the end-user can filter them out using
the call-back that he supplied in the first place.

2. COP should only be calculated at the safe positions, right?  It's a
simple question, but I am unable to figure it out now...

Better go to get some sleep.

G.