Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] OS reporting in Win32 client

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] OS reporting in Win32 client
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:53:30 +0200

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa writes:

 > I've added support for reporting more operating system types to
 > win_uname(). This should enable proper detection of Win95, Win98, WinME
 > and WinXP. It worked on my WinXP system.

I thought, I could simply use szCSDVersion for win9X and winme.
I have wondered why there is only one win95 entry, although I'm using
win95 all the time. And I have tested it on win95 once and it reported
correctly win95.

I have tried again today:
GET /metaserver/ HTTP/1.0

Now you know where the C os entry in
http://www.freeciv.org/clients.phtml
come from...

The patch looks ok. I will do a last test with tcpflow to see if it
reports the right thing with win95, too.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade