Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Rulesets, Tilesets, and Winblows

To: Todd Goodman <tgoodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Rulesets, Tilesets, and Winblows
From: akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:05:02 +0200

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:44:08 -0400
Todd Goodman <tgoodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you know how to use rulesets in Windows?
>
> I tried using 'rulesetdir' but seemed to always get errors.  I may be
> using it incorrectly (with a bad ruleset directory perhaps).

If you want to load ruleset X located in
C:\place_where_you_have_installed_freeciv\data\X
then you create a file (content is not important)
C:\place_where_you_have_installed_freeciv\share\freeciv\X

Then you can load the ruleset using
rulesetdir X resp. /rulesetdir X

Background: the datafilename() function is misused in the rulesetdir command
(it is used to check if a directory exists instead of checking for files).

I thought I have sent a notice about that to the mailing list earlier but I
have not found it in the archive yet.
I have not found out yet how to fix that bug in a clean way (maybe stat()
should be used to check if a directory exists, that should be fairly portable).

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade