Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] City report sorting fix (PR#1683)

To: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] City report sorting fix (PR#1683)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 19:27:44 +0200

This is an old issue, which is also filed under (PR#949),
and I'm sure I also have reported this some time ago, but can't
find it. The problem is annoying when you manage lots of cities
with the city report.

As you may be aware, numbers in the city report are sorted
alphanumeric, not with the real value.

There have been several patches for the issue, and a discussion.
Non of the patches has been accepted so far, mostly because
they tried to change the GUI in a bad way, in order to achieve
more complex sort options.

This patch goes the simple way. It corrects the sorting,
nothing more. Numbers are handled as an entity when compared
with each other. Works for all columns and numbers.

Comments, flames?

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/