Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature request: savegame compatibility with 1.9.x and

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature request: savegame compatibility with 1.9.x and earlier (PR#1818)
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:50:04 -0500

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 01:40:30PM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> > I have many old savegames around that can no longer be read in 1.13.0.
> >
> > It would be nice if this ability was restored.
>
> How old? Older than 1.9.0 are no longer supported. If more recent, please
> provide examples.
>
> Yours
> Per
> (probable culprit)

of a certainty, but I think it was good to waste compatibility with
pre-1.9.0 savegames; however, we (you) probably should put up a modified
savegame.c that loads old games, but saves them as new ones. That way
people who have ancient games (who almost certainly know what they're
doing) can recusitate them.

-mike