Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Several bugs discovered when playing large civilisatio

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Several bugs discovered when playing large civilisations (PR#1088)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 03:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 04:53:13PM -0800, s.yeates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I enjoy playing large civilisations, but have found a number of bugs:
>
> * Some mass operations (such as selling the same improvement in 700+
> cities at once via the economy report) cause the client to crash.
> The message on the server is: "cut connection say1 from localhost
> (connection incomplete) due to huge send buffer (2)". Some of the
> requested actions are performed, but not all.

Discussion on this is continued in PR#1089, PR#1090, PR#1091, PR#1092.

> * When the client is restarted after such a crash, moves are MUCH faster
> for the first few moves. Is this a bug?

You can reproduce this with CVS. If you have the city report open but
in the background, moving of units is slow. I think this is not a bug.
It's the price for non-modal windows.

> * When a spy tries to subvert a capital city it names a price (1000000
> gold), but if you save that much money the city will not subvert.

Has been fixed.

> * When many (hundreds) of cities are selected in the cities report,
> changing their production takes an inordinately long time (the display
> is updated between each?)

Has gone in 1.13.0 with the freeze/thaw patch.

> I know these bugs probably don't impact on most users games, and are low
> priority.
>
> stuart

Christian

--