Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: City names with "special" chars are truncated (PR#1824

To: jrg45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: City names with "special" chars are truncated (PR#1824)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:33:06 +0200

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, jrg45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Julian Graham
> Version: 1.13.0
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: Debian current unstable
> Submission from: (NULL) (128.36.232.49)
>

> In the GTK+ version of the client (both players using Trident
> tileset), city names containing "special" characters (i.e., "high"
> ASCII), like the 'a' with tilde above it in Sao Paulo (Brazil) or
> the u in Rhun (Mordor) get cut off before this character.  So Sao
> Paulo comes out as "S".  Reproducing this should be easy -- just
> play a game with one or more players playing as races with these
> characters in their city names.

Thanks for your report.

I'd like some additional information:

1) Please email us the contents of the file /etc/locale.gen on your
   system.

2) There are two versions of the GTK+ client, one for GTK+ version 1.2
   and one for version 2.0.  Which one are you using?  If you're not
   sure, just email me the output from ./configure .

3) Please email the output from the commands "locale charmap" and
   "env" on your system.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Catsup and Mustard all over the place!  It's the Human Hamburger!