Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Unexpected response to Request Join packet

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Unexpected response to Request Join packet
From: Robert Baruch <autophile@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:42:08 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using a 1.13.0 client and server. I've verified this against both the 1.13.0 server on my local machine, and the servers at civserver.freeciv.org using a packet sniffer.

When I send a "Request Join Game" packet, I always get back a packet beginning with the bytes 00 03 02, which seems to me to be a three-byte packet with type Server Shutdown. However, the debug output on my local server shows that the request packet was received fine:

3: got new connection
3: connection (c10) from rekkywats

2: Connection request from MYNAME from rekkywats
2: MYNAME has client version 1.13.0NeuroFreeCivClient 1.0
3: Client caps: +1.13.0 conn_info
3: Server caps: +1.13.0 conn_info
2: MYNAME has joined as player MYNAME.

The packet dump from the sniffer, when I send to civserver.freeciv.org shows this:

00 03 02 00 2D 01 00 00 00 01 W e l c o m e  M Y N A M E (etc)

The 00 2D 01 was what I expected. What's the 00 03 02 doing there?

Thanks,

--Rob