Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomathandling

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomathandling
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:18:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Thomas Strub wrote:
> i think that the Diplomats are getting a bigger Problem.
> There are rumors that there are some Clientside-Cheatfunktions for Diplomats
> like:
>
> Autobuy city
> and
> Autokill "attacking" Diplomat
>
> Think even if there aren't patched clients, because of lag and reaction its
> not fair.

Autobuy does indeed exist. But note that autobuy can be a way to
circumvent autokill, which I think is by far nastier.

So a solution to both is to add sensible default actions for when you goto
a city with a diplomat. For example embassy if none, failing that: incite
if got the money, failing that: steal tech, failing all above: sabotage.

Yours
Per