Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] new dev cycle opens

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] new dev cycle opens
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:17:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hello people,

Thank you for being so patient while we had a feature freeze.
Unfortunately, many bugs kept the freeze going for much too long.

The next development cycle is planned to run until 1st November, when we
will start a new feature freeze. The next release is scheduled for Xmas.

We have tagged the 1.13.0 sources in cvs, and hold open the possibility of
applying serious bugfixes to this branch in order to create a new stable
release, if that should be deemed necessary.

We're currently trying to get a clear picture of what patches are waiting
for cvs inclusion and trying to divide maintainer responsibility for them
between us. It is an enormous lot of patches. I will post a list later of
patches with maintainer responsible and a comment on chances of getting in
this dev cycle.

Oh, and please do post patches to jitterbug and reuse your jitterbug patch
numbers. That way they become _so_ much easier to keep track of.

Yours
Per