Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fog of War remove unit (PR#1711)

To: arnstein.lindgard@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fog of War remove unit (PR#1711)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:32:58 +0200

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:37:23PM -0700, arnstein.lindgard@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name:
> Version: cvs Jul-10
> Client: Both (or N/A)
> OS: linux
> Submission from: (NULL) (193.216.213.143)
>

> I came across this while trying to write some unit management code:
>
> I'm not familiar with the new Agents code, but it seems to me you'd want to
> add
> a call to agents_unit_remove() for owned units around line 1541 in
> client/packhand.c, in function handle_tile_info(). I could be wrong.
>
> The percieved problem would occur when your unit attacks something, dies,
> and the tile that unit occupied becomes fogged as a result of this.
>
> In that case, handle_remove_unit() is never invoked and therefore also not
> agents_unit_remove().

Yes this a problem. It didn't attraction yet because:
 - for your units you get a seperate PACKET_REMOVE_UNIT
 - no agent currently response to any enemy unit (neither new, change
 nor removal)

I think that agents_unit_remove shouldn't be overloaded. But a new
agents_unit_fogged or agents_unit_out_of_sight should be added.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  The trick is to keep breathing.