Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding implementation.

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding implementation.
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:12:56 +0200

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 10:09:58PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
I have attached a new version. Changes to the interface:
 - clarification
 - allow NULL get_known
 - some renames
 - remove extra_cost2

Implementation:
 - remove some bugs mostly related to is_dangerous_position
 - add correct handling if you have to wait in the initial position

Misc:
 - added path_finding_tools.[ch]
 - added map_get_known2

With a graphic interface you are able to see the following:

 ###########
      1
      2
 ###########

# is coast
s is the start position
x is the goal position
move_rate is 9. Initial moves_left are 3.

The path_finding will correctly will send the ship to 1 let it wait a
turn and then move it to 2 and then x. So the ship will be at position
s two times.

Problem: previously I used unit_type(punit)->move_rate but this is
wrong for obvious reasons. So unit_move_rate is used now. But this can
lead to situations where moves_left_initially>move_rate (for a damaged
unit). This is IMHO a bug. The moves_left should be reduced if the
unit gets damaged.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  +#if defined(__alpha__) && defined(CONFIG_PCI)