[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Newbie question

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Newbie question
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:48:21 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Per I Mathisen wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > How do I enable debug logging for parts of the code I'm writing?

Wow, Christian decided to start C-programming :)
Why do you want to turn from a bug-hunter you are into a bug-spawner like
us? ;)

> You must have used --enable-debug=yes when ./configure or ./autogen.sh'ing
> the code.
>
> Then you do eg "server/civserver --debug 4:audio.c".

You must also make sure that the code is actually recompiled when you type
make.  E.g. you can "touch audio.c" or "rm audio.o" or even use
        make clean
or something like this.

G.