[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA crash establishing a traderoute (PR#1543)

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA crash establishing a traderoute (PR#1543)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 23:02:03 +0200

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 07:49:29PM -0700, kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Kenn Munro
> Version: 1.12.3-devel
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: Red Hat 7.2
> Submission from: (NULL) (216.104.96.132)
>

> CMA problem.. client crashes after establishing a traderoute between two CMA
> cities.  Tested with today's CVS.
>
> I've uploaded a savegame (kenn4.sav.gz) to incoming.  Join as kenn.  On the
> transport near Kajaani, move the freight from *Pori* into Kajaani and
> establish
> a traderoute.  The client quits with the following error:
>
> civclient: cma_core.c:1782: handle_city: Assertion `0' failed.
> Aborted
>
> One thing that is interesting is that if the other freight (on the transport),
> the one from Vaasa, establishes a traderoute first, then the freight from Pori
> can establish a traderoute ok.

Two fixes. Each fixes them and both should give further
robustness. Basic problem: suppose we have a city A and this city has
a traderoute with B. If now the tile_trade of A changes the value if
the traderoute between A and B will also change. So B has also to be
refreshed (re-calculated). This isn't currently done. This gets us
into a situation where the client has more up to date data about the
city B and the CMA goes BOOM. One patch fixes this.

The other patch has such a large comment in it that I save myself any
further explanations here.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design