[Freeciv-Dev] Eyecandy, multi-dither, and lexxy14

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Eyecandy, multi-dither, and lexxy14
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:40:18 -0400 (EDT)

I've been working a bit lately on making freeciv prettier, especially
breaking up the repetetiveness and griddishness of the game-board.  I
think the attatcked patch does a pretty good job.  It encorporates the
previously existing multi-dither patch (that one no longer is needed), and
adds the capability to randomly spew extra features onto non-overlay tiles
(e.g. cacti in the desert).  If the tileset doesn't provide these images,
the patch will do nothing.

The patch is attatched, it's from the May 18th snapshot.

lexxy14 is here to take advantage of it.  There seems to be a permissions
problem on ftp.freeciv.org, so I've posted it at
http://wam.umd.edu/~dspeyer/lexxy14.tgz  Please, someone, fix
ftp.freeciv.org soon -- my wam quota is limited.

I've also made a screenshot available.  It's at
http://wam.umd.edu/~dspeyer/eyecandyshot.jpg

I will probably add eyecandy support to isotrident sometime soon.

Enjoy!

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."