[Freeciv-Dev] Re: GPL'ed art and programs (PR#1470)

To: rms@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: GPL'ed art and programs (PR#1470)
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 20:12:17 -0500

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 11:49:50AM -0700, rms@xxxxxxx wrote:
>     In the server, write "rulesetdir <myrulesetdir>". For an explanation of
>     this option, "explain rulesetdir".
>
> I tried that and it output "No explanation for that yet."

use 'help rulesetdir' instead for info.

why you labeled the bug "GPL'ed art and programs" has me a bit
confused...

I notice that that 'help explain' notes that is used for backwards
compatibility... Could the historical memory please stand up and tell me
why this command is even here and why it shouldn't be removed? Reinier?

While we're on the subject, I've always felt that /help should give the
sections available to lookup, like

help commands
help options
help <option>
help <command>

etc.

It took me the longest time to figure out how to get a listing of the
commands.

-mike