[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv slow after two hours of game (PR#1444)

To: lusumexperiri@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv slow after two hours of game (PR#1444)
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 15:42:42 -0500

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:40:37AM -0700, lusumexperiri@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Carlo
> Version: 1.12.1-devel
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: Debian (but the problem is also with other distro)
> Submission from: (NULL) (62.10.62.53)
>

> After about one or two hours of game , it tend to be slower and tend to freeze
> the system, major is the game major it is slow.
> The interesting part is that if i restart the os and the game from a saved
> file
> it is in normal speed.
> The wrong part is that it tend to freeze the computer.(about 1 minute to close
> the client).

a host of questions/requests:

1. how recent is the CVS build?
2. this is GTK 1.2? (as opposed to 2.0)
2a. What version of GTK?
3. this is a problem with with another distro on another computer as
   well? (or dual booting on the same computer)
4. you are playing against AI, I take it? How many?
5. Does this always happen? i.e., if you start up a new game with the same
   number of AI, does this problem occur?
6. After you restart and play with the saved game, does the computer start
   to slow again after an hour or two?
7. Is it just Freeciv that's slowing, or is it a resource drain on the rest
   of your machine? (i.e. other apps)
8. If 7 is yes, if you quit Freeciv after the machine slows, do your other
   apps running return to 'normal' responsiveness?
8. Is Freeciv eating a lot of memory?
9. what are the specs for your machine?

10. Please send a savegame from near the beginning of the game if you
    could.

-mike