[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Igter patch (PR#1370)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Igter patch (PR#1370)
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:15:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:12:55PM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > Greg asked for some changes in the original. This is 2nd version of the
> patch.
> > I think I got almost all the igter lines. I didn't touch the dubious ones.
>
> It still misses any kind of documentation of the IGTER_MOVE_BONUS
> define. Bonus to what?

IGTER_MOVE_BONUS, is the bonus given to igter units. It multiplies their move
points by 3. This is absurd. I can't help feeling the name is self documenting.
If you want documentation, what kind of docu do you want and where?

Igter move rate are currently multiplied by 3, rather than return 1 for moving
from one squre to another. This is of course the wrong implementation. Doing
things the right way is currently too hard. In the future though, with this
patch in hand anyone can get rid of those lines without doing damage.