[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion fails in get_role_unit() (PR#1365)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion fails in get_role_unit() (PR#1365)
From: <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 06:53:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > Ah.. that's possible, I didn't do make install yet ;).
>
> I never do make install, and I have not encountered your problem yet. Did you
> modify rulesets?

Problem is if you did "make install" ages ago, then try running freeciv
out of its compile directory. You would be using those age old rulesets,
and it wouldn't tell you.

Of course, it is _supposed_ to be backwards compatible with them - that's
why it hasn't changed version number - so any failure to do so is a bug.

Yours,
Per

"While we're all in favor of Arafat doing more to suppress violence in
the Middle East, we fear that he doesn't have all that much influence on
the Israeli government. " --Sam Smith