[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] "turns-to-grow" on the map overview (PR#1328)

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] "turns-to-grow" on the map overview (PR#1328)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:21:31 +0200

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 05:27:48AM -0800, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 03:37:48PM -0500, Jason Short wrote:
>
> <snip: a patch to add the "city turns to grow" to the mapview city
> descriptions>
>
> > Partly applied. Please add the option (options.c, menus,
> > control.c,...) and change the other GUIs.
>
> Here's an updated patch.
>
> I've added the option, and added support for XAW.  There is still no
> support for win32 or MUI, and I'm not sure that I'll be able to add such
> support.
>
> There's only one problem that I know of: for lack of anything better, I
> bind the menu entry to control-r.  In xaw, this doesn't work for some
> reason.

Can you please update the patch? Things which should IMHO be changed:
 - remove the dependency between city growth and the city name
 - IMHO there is less space in x-axis than in the y-axis so I would
 suggest move the extra information below the city name:

   London
 4 Settler 5

You may want to add a "|" between the 4 and Settler or just leave more
space.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "- Amiga Y2K fixes (a bit late, wouldn't you say?)"