[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introducing a new define for IgTer units (PR#1359)

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Introducing a new define for IgTer units (PR#1359)
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 03:04:20 -0800 (PST)

--- "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > Just read the patch. New #define, introducing IGTER_MOVE_BONUS. Replacing a
> few misplaced 3's and SINGLE_MOVE's with the correct constant.
>
> Looks all good. What do those /* not quite right */ comments mean?

I have no idea. It's a Syelism. If you want my speculation

Igter is supposed to be implemented as 1/3 move cost when you cross a tile. In
practice, Freeciv multiplies igter move rate by 3. Greg and I bounced the idea
of changing it to do the Right Thing. There are too many problems. Ask Greg
offline for the details.

Aloha,
RK.

You can see our respect for women by the fact that we have pledged to pay
working women, even though they don't have to work. -Taliban Information
Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi, on the Muslim fundamentalists' ban on Afghan women
in the work force