[Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:52:37 -0600

there is a new civworld patch in the usual places

an excerpt from the README:

Mar 25:
o new feature! a biggie: now we can set the default parameters that a new
  city or unit or player will have. The dialog is found in the Editor menu.

(this is really quite suave. muuchhh easier to create lots 'o big cities
 now.)

o more options to manipulate tech (bulbs, researched before)
o institute a workaround for the one-off errors in initial options.
o disabled advanced tax rate handling (to automatically keep rates summed
  to 100). It was seriously screwed up. Now you have to be able add to 100
  yourself.

the defaults are new and as such relatively untested. I'd appreciate a
report if you get weird behavior.

Before the next version, I'm planning on moving some code around in the
client in an effort to keep civworld versions fresher, longer (harder to
break easily). This will mainly consist of grouping functions and prototypes
that are ifdef'ed out and such and will mainly be in control.c, mapview.c
and citydlg.c. If anybody has a beef with this, speak now.

-mike