[Freeciv-Dev] Financing FREE open-source software development

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Financing FREE open-source software development
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:02:07 -0400 (AST)

I am looking for developers of FREE open-source software. This is not
intended as spam, I am a GNU-software developer, I wrote the ISPutil and
WWWutil packages and collated the BBSutil package that are probably still
on Sunsite from years ago when I was setting up ISPs and I worked on and
hosted the mailing-list for the Athena based free open-source Civ game
that we developed up to version 0.4 or so (I think 0.3 is on sunsite 0.4
on my own FTP site, something like that) years ago before we saw that
FreeCiv was going to be a better way to go.

I even used to have my own Linux distribution (based on Slackware) in
order to include stuff that ISPs would need.

I am now making another attempt, based on the currently popular and
successful marketing methods (and powered by) of the "start exchanges"
and "MLM downline building clubs" and such, to finance the development of
GNU software.

The objective is to develop a "GNU Makemoney" package that can,
hopefully, ship with all the major Linux distributions.

I am collecting email addresses of interested people at
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/prelaunch/

The entire makemoney.knotwork.com site was set up toward that end, but
online marketing and moneymaking promptly exploded by "viral marketing" in
such a way that just programming a moneymaking algorithm and leaving it to
run for months without human intervention got a bit outdated as a viable
strategy (it had worked well for a few years). A pity as that will
probably significantly slow down development of the vapourware that the
spoof in the .sig below refers to...

--
An Online Emulation of Bill Gates (spoof):
Money for Dummies aka Total Automation Project: