[Freeciv-Dev] update on isometric scrolling (PR#1222)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] update on isometric scrolling (PR#1222)
From: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:42:57 -0800 (PST)

(This message really should be associated with the original thread. Forgive the repeated posting. Apparently "(PR #1222)" isn't good enough; it takes "(PR#1222) to get the numbers to match. Hmph.)

Vasco's proposed solution for handling isometric scrolling is by far the best.

If the mapview were aligned by pixel instead of by tile, then scrolling would just be a matter of moving the mapview position and recentering; everything should just work.

Unfortunately, I'm not willing to try to convert clients piecemeal, and there hasn't been much interest in a mapview GUI unification, so this is unlikely to happen soon. This "bug" can probably be closed.

(OTOH, the scrolling is arguably the biggest problem with the isometric view, and this patch does fix it...so it might make sense to apply it as a temporary measure. But this is unlikely to happen, I suppose.)

jason short