[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Military amortize (PR#1196)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Military amortize (PR#1196)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 04:16:16 -0800 (PST)

Ok, in the attached patch I removed all tabulations, substituting them
for spaces.  I did not remove tabulation from surrounding code (it shows
only in one place).  This whole thing is a bit idiotic :(

I also slightly rearranged the order of operations in amortize, as Ross
suggested.

I refuse to remove ternary operator, but if the person who commits the
patch (if there will be one) decides to substitute it for an "if" with 5
(sic!) lines, I don't care.

Most likely I will be quite very busy during the next few days, so if
someone decides to commit the patch with some changes -- go ahead, do it.

Best,
G.

 --- Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And it explicitly notes it ;). We need comment for MORT with explicitly
> noted it there as well.

Indeed.

> same column if you have "+ " there or not - but row of spaces has fixed
> length,
> so it will end in different position when "+ " will be added. First it
> is
> small, but as you start replying to the patch, it looks more and more
> funny ;).

awful :(
can I tell emacs to do autoformatting with spaces?

> > I like ternary operators :(
> > An if will take 5 lines :(
>          needferry = ((!sanity && !boatid && is_ground_unit(punit)) ?
>                       40 : 0);
> vs
>          if (!sanity && !boatid && is_ground_unit(punit)
>            needferry = 40;
>          else
>            needferry = 0;

no, it's