[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Review] Re: advdomestic.c cleanup II. (PR#1157)

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Review] Re: advdomestic.c cleanup II. (PR#1157)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:33:59 +0000 (GMT)

 --- "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..]
> >if (doodle
> >    && beeble) {
> >  blah = trrrrr
> >         + frrrr;
> >}
> >
> >and NOT
> >
> >if (doodle &&
> >    beeble) {
> >  blah = trrrrr +
> >         frrrr;
> >}
>
> I don't know if this was universally agreed on or agreed on by lack of
> response, but yes, yes, YES!
>   indent -kr2 -bbo ...  # should be updated in the main FAQ pages.

I think lack of response, but I prefer to think that it was taken for
granted by most of the people thus not discussed much ;)

-bbo is by default in KR style btw.
However it will not re-break the lines, it will just wrap overly long
line in this way.

To Petr:  What's so good about it?  I really don't know (probably Ross
knows better) any unbeatable reasons.  I'm just used to it and I think
it's the standard way.  BTW, in school I was tought to put the operator
on both lines, like

y = 4x^3 + 5x^4 + 6x^5 +
    + 7x^6 + 8x^7 + 9x^8

but it was a different world then ;)  and you cannot do it in C...

G.