[Freeciv-Dev] Re: flying AI (PR#1163)

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: flying AI (PR#1163)
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:41:14 +0100

Dear diary, on Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 06:30:22AM CET, I got a letter, where
Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx> told me, that...

> --- Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 11:35:00PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to make AI use bombers, [...]
> >
> > > Petr, Raahul, if you have any cleanup patches ready for the above
> > > functions, please submit them!
> > >
> > > G.
> >
> > Speaking solely as a user: what is the plan for AI cleanup?  A 'strictly
> > cleanup' phase, or mix it in with actual changes in behaviour?  From an
> > error detection point of view it seems better to wait with new features.
> >

> Cleanup phase first. Then the behaviour change stuff.
Naturally, if the new features will come to already cleaned up part of AI,
there's no reason to block them, IMHO.

For the new features to other parts of AI (or autosettlers), I would just
recommend authors to clean up that part for themselves instead of raising the
mess, as they should understand it if they are modifying it ;-).

Ad flying AI - I cleaned up process_attacker_want() a bit, but it's far from
ready for submit, it misses second rewrite ;) and comments. However it still
may help you, it's in my CVS in freeciv module.

Raahul promised to do some cleanups of those and send me patch soon at the
start of month (approx.), still waiting for them, Raahul ;-).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
Firewall in a way is like the doorkeeper of a local pub. If you don't have your
I.D. on you, or if for some reason you do not qualify to enter, the doorkeeper
will not permit you to enter. In some extreme cases these doorkeepers will not
let you out, or at least give you a hard time before they finally let you out.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/