[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PR 1096

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PR 1096
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:53:45 -0600

CCing the list. perhaps others might want to comment...

here's the quick description for the patch:

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 11:08:25PM +0000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Mike Kaufman wrote:
>
> > what's up with 1096? I submitted this a while ago. You asked why I
> > removed the frame, I told you. Anything else?
> >
> I agree with the spirit of the patch, but wouldn't there be another choice
> to produce the same effect. Like for e.g. a different text color for when
> an item is from an worklist?

perhaps, but 1. it's fairly unobstrusive, 2. it's in line with the old
dialog's way of doing things. 3. it's immediately understandable 3a. a
different color would force newbies to wonder what was going on, and
would require helptext/tooltips to decipher the meaning.

Has anyone else tried this patch? Is there a better way to do this?

-mike