[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH split-up of caravan capabilities v2 (PR#1148)

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH split-up of caravan capabilities v2 (PR#1148)
From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:30:40 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > +    } else {
> no way
>        } else if (unit_flag(punit, F_TRADE_ROUTE)) {
good that you mention:
I think the function (ai_manage_unit) has to be rewritten somewhat.
Suppose a unit had F_SETTER and F_HELP_WONDER flags, it would only use the
setter ability, as it's first in the if statements. I think a scoring
mechanism for acvivities should solve the issue in a very generic way. Do
you think that's reasonable.

Another thing: while scimming over the ai code I discovered that the ai
can be confitured with a handicap bitfield but it's hardcoded. What about
moving into the config files. Example

add_to_size_limit = 8
add_to_size_limit.ai = 4
add_to_size_limit.ai.hard = 9

this would mean that in the hard mode the value is 9 and for easy and
medium 4. Those postfixes could be applied to about anything, but it would
require to move all options to files (as opposed to the ones that are
configuable by command line). What do you think of that?

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx