[Freeciv-Dev] Re: remove map_canvas_adjust_[xy] (PR#1129)

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: remove map_canvas_adjust_[xy] (PR#1129)
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:54:18 +0100

Ross W. Wetmore writes:

 > Since these are all gone from the corecleanups, I have no problems with
 > their removal. Since they are mostly misplaced (un)normalize_map_pos()
 > (the canvas doesn't have any adjustable capability), this is the default
 > algorithm.
 >
 > In some cases they reflect the wrap (for x) or clip( for y) specific
 > functions needed to handle the standard map. But as the GUI is rewritten,
 > these should all get done generically, and any current fix will likely go
 > away. With a modest amount of sanity testing to insure the intermediate
 > world is not unusable, anything is suitable.
 >
 > Note, get_canvas_xy() rescales to pixel coordinates, which these don't
 > do, right?

map_canvas_adjust_[xy] was used before we had isometric view to
calculate the pixel coordinates to draw something.
 The result had to be scaled to the pixel coordinates. There was stuff
like

canvas_x=NORMAL_TILE_WIDTH*map_canvas_adjust_x(map_x)

When isometric mode was introduced, this was replaced by
get_canvas_xy(). I have changed most of the gui-win32 code (It was not
in cvs yet). But I've forgotten to update put_nuke_mushroom_pixmaps.
Nobody noticed that.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade