[Freeciv-Dev] Re: remove map_adjust_[xy] invocations (PR#1130)

To: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: remove map_adjust_[xy] invocations (PR#1130)
From: Jason Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:57:31 -0500

Raimar Falke wrote:

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:31:07AM -0800, jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The attached patch removes most of the remaining uses of map_adjust_x and map_adjust_y.

It really needs testing, especially under the win32 and (if such a thing even compiles...) mui platforms. If I've misjudged the intent of the code, a failed assertion will result and I'll probably need to switch in nearest_real_map_pos for normalize_map_pos.

Since it loooks like we can't test the mui code what do you think
about giving the mui code its own map_adjust_[xy] and remove it from
the rest of the code (which is your goal)?

Not being able to test the mui code seems like a pretty significant problem. Is there no maintainer at all?

As for the question, though, that's quite fine. This patch can pretty much be split up however you want - by gui might be easiest.

jason