[Freeciv-Dev] Unstable maintainer(s)

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Unstable maintainer(s)
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:25:36 +0100

Ok...

I think what we need to resolve this development conflict is one thing
and only one thing... Unstable maintainers! And I don't mean maintainers
that are unstable... (Not primarily anyway ;) I mean maintainers that
will keep one or more cvs-repositories with all the latest, greatest and
most controversial patches included easily accessible...

I want to be able to simply do a "cvs -d freeciv... co freeciv-unstable"
and be able to compile, run and complain when it doesn't compile...
I guess it'd be appropriate to have a separate mailing list for such
complains... :) (freeciv-unstable@xxxxxxxxxxx perhaps)

All that is needed here are a few people with a little time and will and
a preferably official repository where these people get write access...
Pretty much anyone who has gotten a patch into "stable-cvs" should be
allowed write acces to this one if they want it... If it breaks we'll
just back it up... Breaks should be expected...

I certainly don't have a lot of free time these days (I'm working on my
master thesis) but I still voulenteer to be one of these mad dogs doing
horrible things to the freeciv source code in public... :)
Anyone else? :)

Let's just try some fast development and see what happens...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)